Welcome to a week of excitement, exploration, and imagination as we step into the captivating world of Elena of Avalor. With a heart full of Disney magic and a zest for creating memorable learning experiences, we’re thrilled to guide you through an enchanting journey of Elena of Avalor Preschool Activities.
A Week of Learning and Adventure with Elena
Get ready for crafts that spark creativity, educational activities that embrace culture, and snacks that make learning deliciously fun. As we immerse ourselves in Elena’s world, we’ll learn Spanish basics, discover the beauty of friendship, and celebrate the vibrant culture of Avalor. Join us for a week filled with royal fun, where learning and play come together in perfect harmony.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
“Elena’s Enchanted Garden” Sensory Bin
Step into the enchanting world of Elena of Avalor with this sensory bin idea that captures the vibrant spirit of her kingdom. Here’s how to create it:
- Plastic or wooden bin (large enough for your child to play comfortably)
- Colored rice (red, yellow, and blue)
- Miniature figurines of Elena and her friends (Isabel, Skylar, etc.)
- Small plastic or paper flowers
- Sparkly gems or beads (representing Avalor’s magical essence)
- Small scoops, spoons, and containers for scooping and pouring
- Prepare colored rice: Dye separate batches of rice with red, yellow, and blue food coloring to represent the rich colors of Avalor.
- Fill the bin: Layer the colored rice to create a vibrant base for Elena’s garden.
- Add figurines and friends: Place miniature Elena and her friends in the sensory bin, allowing your child to immerse themselves in imaginative play.
- Sprinkle flower magic: Scatter small plastic or paper flowers throughout the sensory bin to mimic Elena’s lush and magical garden.
- Sparkling gems: Add sparkly gems or beads to represent the magical essence that Elena’s adventures are full of.
- Encourage your child to scoop and pour the colored rice using the small scoops and containers, enhancing their fine motor skills.
- Let your child create imaginative stories using the Elena figurines, exploring the magic of Avalor’s kingdom.
- Discuss the vibrant colors and elements in Elena’s garden, encouraging descriptive language.
With the “Elena’s Enchanted Garden” Sensory Bin, your little one can step into Elena’s vibrant world and experience the magic and excitement of her kingdom. Get ready for a sensory adventure filled with creativity and play!
Elena of Avalor Preschool Activities: Exploring Culture and Creativity
Introduction to Elena and Spanish Basics (Day 1)
- Craft: Make magical tambourines using paper plates, beans and a dowel rod.
- Educational Activity: Learn to say “Hola” (hello) and “Adiós” (goodbye) in Spanish.
- Snack: Enjoy tortilla chips with salsa.
Musical Maracas and Counting in Spanish (Day 2)
- Craft: Decorate mini maracas using small plastic eggs and rice.
- Educational Activity: Learn to count to ten in Spanish while shaking the maracas rhythmically.
- Snack: Have “maraca sticks” with colorful fruit skewers.
Storytime with Elena and Her Adventures (Day 3)
- Activity: Read an Elena of Avalor storybook together.
- Craft: Color and decorate a small paper flag representing Avalor’s vibrant culture.
- Snack: Enjoy a royal fruit salad with assorted colorful fruits.
Regal Crown Craft and Language Learning (Day 4)
- Craft: Create a bejeweled crown using craft paper, stickers, and glitter.
- Educational Activity: Learn to sing “Feliz Cumpleaños” (Happy Birthday) in Spanish.
- Snack: Savor crackers with crown shaped cheese slices.
Fiesta Fun and Friendship (Day 5)
- Craft Activity: Build pyramids out of play dough.
- Activity: Watch a YouTube Video or Read a Book about Aztec Pyramids.
- Snack: Enjoy “fiesta bites” with bite-sized tacos or quesadillas.
An Unforgettable Week with Elena of Avalor
As our week inspired by Elena of Avalor comes to a close, we find ourselves surrounded by the echoes of laughter, the glow of creativity, and the joy of learning. Just like Elena, we’ve embarked on a journey of discovery, embracing culture, friendship, and the magic of imagination. From crafting royal crowns to learning Spanish basics and savoring themed snacks, we’ve woven a tapestry of memories that will linger in our hearts.
Disney Preschool at Home
C – Cinderella
D – Dumbo
E – Eva (Wall-E)
F – Fairies
G – Genie
H – Hei Hei (Moana)
I – Inside Out
J – Jack Skellington
K – Kevin (Up)
L – Lilo or Lightning McQueen
M – Monster’s Inc
N – Nemo (Finding Nemo)
O – Olaf (Frozen)
P – Pascal (Tangled)
Q – Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
R – Raya
S – Snow White
T – Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
U – Ursula
V – Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)
W – Woody
X – Rex (Toy Story)
Y – Yzma (The Emperor’s New Groove)
Z – Zootopia
***All copyrights and trademarks of the character images and references used belong to their respective owners. This is not a licensed product. I do not claim ownership to any of the characters/graphics used in this free printable download. I do not claim ownership of any of the movies or characters mentioned in my preschool at home activities.