I am an official ambassador for Dole. Dole provided me with prize merchandise for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine.
It’s no secret that my family loves Disney Princesses. We are always looking for fun ways to incorporate Disney into our lives, whether it’s with trips to Walt Disney World or fun crafts and recipes to make at home. I appreciate the lessons taught in Disney Princess movies and enjoy watching my daughters learn and grow as they connect with the Princesses from popular movies.
I was so thrilled to learn about Dole’s healthy-living initiative inspired by Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration which is happening now through September 30, 2021. Dole has released 20 original family-friendly Princess-inspired recipes, and many downloadable printables on Dole.com/Disney including a Peel & Play Sticker Book to use. You can also collect the 47 original Disney Princess-inspired stickers that can now be found on DOLE® Bananas at supermarkets throughout North America.
In celebration of Dole collaborating with Disney, I’m sharing TWO of my family’s favorite Princess-inspired recipes below including Dole’s Bippity Boppity Banana Bites inspired by Disney’s Cinderella and Golden Cheesecake Banana Bars inspired by Rapunzel in Disney’s Tangled.
Dole’s Bippity Boppity Banana Bites inspired by Disney’s Cinderella
45 Minutes Total time | 20 Minutes Prep time | 25 Minutes Cook Time 63 Calories | 12 Servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 DOLE® Banana, peeled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup DOLE® Cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 1 cup DOLE® Strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup DOLE® Blueberries Allergens: Egg, Tree Nuts, Wheat
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, 3 tablespoons sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. Whip egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, 4 minutes or until stiff peaks form; gently fold in banana, vanilla extract and almond extract. Gently fold flour mixture into egg white mixture; divide batter into a 12-cup nonstick standard muffin pan.
- Bake cakes 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean; cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-low heat. Toss cherries, strawberries, blueberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl; spread in a single layer on prepared baking pan. Place pan on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until berries are tender, stirring once. Makes about 1½ cups.
- Serve cakes topped with berry mixture.
Tips & tricks
Note: Prep time does not include cooling.
Dole’s Golden Cheesecake Banana Bars Inspired by Disney’s Tangled
20 Minutes Total time | 20 Minutes Prep time 97 Calories | 16 Servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 whole sheets low fat graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 1 container (8 ounces) vegan cream cheese
- 2 DOLE® Bananas, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup light coconut whipped topping plus additional for garnish (optional)
- Chopped walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil so that foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until small crumbs remain. Combine buttery spread and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl; firmly press into bottom of prepared dish.
- Beat cheese, bananas and sugar in a medium bowl, with mixer on medium-high speed, 2 minutes or until light and fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Evenly spread cheese mixture over crust; cover and freeze at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Using overhanging sides of foil, transfer bar to cutting board; remove foil and cut into 16 squares. Let bars stand 30 minutes.
- Serve bars topped with whipped topping and sprinkled with walnuts, if desired.
If you enjoy making these delicious treats, discover 18 more yummy original recipes, and also free digital downloads at www.dole.com/Disney. Connect with Dole on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about Dole’s latest initiative, inspired by Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness”.
Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration
Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration is just getting started! On August 23, Disney will take the celebration to the next level with the first-ever World Princess Week – a weeklong celebration aimed at inspiring a million acts of kindness around the globe. You can also join in the festivities and learn more about Ultimate Princess Celebration at princess.disney.com.
#DoleRoyalty #DoleOutKindness #Dole #DoleRecipes #DoleInsiders #DisneyPrincesses #UltimatePrincessCelebration