5 Reasons to See Alice Through the Looking Glass
- If you liked the original Alice in Wonderland, the sequel is even better. The storyline is unique and really easy to follow along with. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the original but I absolutely LOVED this movie.
- The movie has very strong family themes. There are numerous storylines, Alice and her mother, Mad Hatter and his family and the Red and White Queen which all point back to the importance of family.
- There are valued lessons to be learned. The overall theme of the movie is time and how you can’t change the past, but you can learn from it. An important lesson for us all.
- The movie breaks feminist boundaries and features Alice as a very independent and confident young woman. While we caught a glimpse of that in the original movie (with her denial to marry Haymitch), the sequel features Alice as captain of her own ship, a job unheard of for a women in that time period. This movie teaches young girls (and inspires older women) to never settle for less simply because of gender.
- The movie itself is spectacular. If you are a fan of fantasy, the whimsical world of Underland is creativity at it’s best. The costumes and make-up are both superb. I especially loved seeing all the characters as their younger selves.
Alice Through the Looking Glass is the sequel to Tim Burton‘s 2010 Alice in Wonderland starring Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, and Helena Bonham Carter.